Board of Trustees
The governance of Taihape Area School is the responsibility of the Board of Trustees. Members are elected every three years from our school community. The BOT is committed to providing excellence in education and are very supportive of the school's learning community.
The Board of Trustees meets once a month and meeting times and dates are advised on the School's Calendar of Events and in the School Newsletter. All meetings are public and everyone is invited to attend. The minutes are public documents and are available at the School Office and on the School Website.
If you would like to know more about Boards of Trustees, the link will take you to the New Zealand Schools Trustees Association (NZSTA) website. NZSTA
CONTACT THE BOARD
The Board may be contacted by email or by letter addressed to:
The Board Chair
Taihape Area School
26 Huia Street (P.O. Box 292)
Shari Chase - Chair: email@example.com
The New Zealand School Trustees Association website provides more information on school Boards of Trustees. www.nzsta.org.nz/
The current Board took office in June 2019.
- Craig Dredge (Principal)
- Shari Chase (Parent Elected & Chair)
- Andrew Law resigned effective 29/10/20) - casual vacancy exists
- Leah Collings (Staff Elected, 30/6/20)
- Atawhai McDonnell (Year 12, 2020/21Student Trustee)
- Barbara Ball (Iwi representative)
- Di Saunders (Iwi representative)
- Karen Meadows (Parent Elected)
- Andy Fleury (Parent Elected)
- Sarah Hay (Parent Elected)